Bellerose a home away from home.
For a joyful gathering with family and friends :
On the occasion of a birthday, a wedding anniversary, or for no reason at all! Bellerose gives you comfort for up to 8 people. You can cook together in the fully equipped kitchen and of course a ping pong game is not to be missed.
After a day in Bruges come back to Bellerose to relax on our terrace, enjoy the evening sun and have a marvellous Belgian beer!
For a romantic weekend in Bruges :
Go for dinner in one of the many cosy restaurants, enjoy our wellness facilities and don't forget a romantic sightseeing tour in a horse and carriage. The city is beautifully illuminated at night creating the ultimate romantic experience.
For a cultural vacation sample some irresistible Bruges classics :
- The Flemish primitives and post-war modern art in the Groeningemuseum
- Boat trips on the canals in the centre of Bruges
- Visit the century old Princely Beguinage Ten Wijngaarde. Its whitewashed facades and tranquil convent garden leaves no one unaffected.
- ‘het Minnewater' the place used to be a mooring place for barges nowadays this is one of the most romantic spots in Bruges,
- Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk (Church of our Lady), the Belfry, and the St.Salvator Cathedral.
- The Town Hall on the Burg square is one of the oldest in Belgium. It's masterpiece is the gothic hall with its late 19th-century murals and polychrome vault.
- The 'Historium' experience the magic of the Middle Ages. Travel back in time to the golden age of Bruges in this museum.
- Or plan your vacation during one of the many city festivals. Check the website www.visitbruges.be for more information.
- You can't miss the countless chocolate shops in Bruges, choosing will be difficult! And of course beer brewing is a big part of Bruges culture too, you can taste 400 different beers in beer brasserie “Cambrinus”. This of course will take you longer than a weekend.
- The Concert Hall (concertgebouw) of Bruges offers a programme including some of the worlds best artists. Throughout the year you will find various events, performances and festivals.
Check the website of Bruges, where you can also download a visitors guide and a map of Bruges.
Bellerose can also be used for longer vacations :
Keep in and around Bruges or use it as a base to explore Belgium.
You can rent a bike at the bike shop “De Ketting” situated 600 m from the house which also supplies electric and children's bikes. When you bring your own bikes with you, you can leave them in the basement throughout your stay.
The landscape in and around Bruges is flat, so suitable for adults and children alike. Cycle along the canal to the nearby village of Damme or choose one of the many cycle routes around Bruges. Maps of all the different routes are available.
Culture - Golf vacation :
Golfers can find three beautiful golf courses in the neighbourhood.
The course 'Damme golf & Country Club' is situated between the two historical towns of Bruges and Damme. A high quality course in the middle of an idyllic polder landscape with meadows, ditches, and willows.
18 holes Par 72, compact course 9 holes, and a nice covered driving range. Situated at 9,3 km.
At 18,6 km away : The 'Royal Zoute Golf-club' , with a Championship Course 18 holes , par 72, and an executive course 18 holes, par 64.
At 20 km away : You can find the 'Royal Ostend Golf-club', founded in 1903, the only links course in Belgium. 18 Holes, Par 70.
Discover Belgium's historical towns :
A daytrip :
to Brussels : 45 min car or train.
to Ghent : 30 min car or train
to Antwerp : 45 min car or train
to the Belgian Coast : Zeebrugge, Knokke Heist, 15 min car or train.
to Ypres : 61 km. Visit the Museum in Flandres Fields and be part of the daily act of homage to the victims of the Great War : “The Last Post” at the “Menenpoort” , every evening at 8 pm. since 1920.
Discover Europe's Culture :
Bruges is situated in the middle of the triangle Paris-Amsterdam- London.
By car to Paris or Amsterdam : 3 hours
Less than 4 hour to London via Calais, through the Channel Tunnel.